Did you know that GreenLeaf is celebrating our 5-year anniversary?! Did you know that in the past five years GreenLeaf has:
- Provided leadership and food justice training for over 50 youth ages 14-18, over 25% of whom have participated for over a year
- Harvested nearly 10,000 pounds of healthy, local produce
- Donated over 15% of the harvest to hunger-relief organizations
- Sold nearly 50% of the harvest at affordable prices to our neighbors in NE Denver’s food deserts
- Benefitted from over 11,000 hours of volunteer support
- Raised 10% of our annual budget from the generous donations of people like you!
WOW! So what’s next? Here’s what we want to do over the NEXT five years:
- Grow more food! Explore season-extension and intensive growing techniques to expand our harvest
- Grow our youth! Expand the GreenLeaf youth leadership pipeline to include leadership training opportunities beyond high school
- Grow our community! Build partnerships with local businesses, and provide workshops for the community, and involve our neighbors in our plans for the future
So what can YOU do to celebrate and support GreenLeaf’s powerful work? First, help us raise $20,000 by October 15! A generous donor has gifted us with $10,000 to kick off the campaign, so we are already half way there! Here’s what our donor has to say:
“I am involved with GreenLeaf because I see that the work they are doing inspires young people to feel that they are valued members of our culture. Learning about urban farming and food justice gives people a sense that they are part of the greater community in which we live.”
Here are three simple ways to contribute to the campaign:
- DONATE ONLINE through our campaign on the Beanstalk Foundation (Click Here to Donate)
- SEND A CHECK to GreenLeaf, 1368 26th Street, Denver, CO 80205
- JOIN US for our Five Year Anniversary/Harvest party Saturday Sept. 27th (Click Here to RSVP)
Regardless of the level of your gift, you and yours are invited to join us for our Five Year Anniversary Party on Saturday, September 27! We’ll be kicking it GreenLeaf style from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at the Sustainability Park Farm (25th and Lawrence) with youth-led games and farm tours, and of course delicious local food and libations including cider from Stem Ciders.
Can we count on you to help us reach our goal by making a donation online, through the mail, or at our celebration? We wouldn’t be GreenLeaf without your support!